Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing agency wants me to scale artwork to 25%

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have created an event backdrop in illustrator (PDF File size 1.2 MB). Now, the printing agency has come back with the following:  "Thanks for sending the artwork. Could you please make an adjustment and scale the artwork to 25%."

Can someone please help me understand what needs to be done here? Does it mean I need to compress my PDF? Or, does it mean I need to increase the side margins for the text? Or does it mean something else?

P.S., I have not used any image and everything is created as an outline.

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means make it smaller.

Just how large is it? Did you perhaps create a Large Canvas document?

If you are unsure ask them. ALso: if there are images placed in it, ask them about resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. This is the exact specification I am following. However, they are coming back on scaling artwork to 25%

Screen Shot 2023-02-03 at 11.55.05 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Aprajita,

According to their original message they seem to clearly ask you to scale down to 25% or 1/4, 744x628 mm and 2.25 mm bleed.

Remember to have Scale Strokes & Effects ticked; your mentioning outlining seems to mean that there are no strokes, but there may still be effects to scale.

But it is crucial to ask the printer enough questions, beyond any doubt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines