printing posters on multiple sheets - Is it possible to add a margin after the pdf export?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy new year adobe community,

When I am tiling my posters, I create multiple artbooks smaller than my printing sheet and arrange them with no spacing in between. As result I have no margin in my exported pdf. How can I archieve the margin without loosing the layer structure of my poster?

I tried to place the ai. artboards (or the layerd pdf) on inDesign pages with ajusted margins, but as a result I loose access to the layers, even with "remember layers" on.

And is it possible to add "marker" page numbering in Illustrater? I only know that it is possible to add them with the acrobat reader but maybe there is a more elegant solution out there.

Kind regards 

Faye

TOPICS
Import and export , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand that correctly you need to make the artboards larger so they overlap.

Maybe you can also just define bleed.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monica, 

thanks for the answer!

I forgot to mention, that I wanted the margins to be blank.

I made this grapic to better illustrate what I want my result to look like. It is necessary to preserve the layer structure and not to use clipping masks (because I use too many artboards).

FayeJennifer_1-1641290965927.png

If I overlapp the artboards, the overlap also has the the artwork on it. Is there a hidden option to clear these? 

Adding bleed results in lost pieces of the artwork, or is there a way to have negative bleed?

Kind regards

Faye

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would search for a solution in Acrobat.

Or rely on your printer to add white space.

Maybe the people in the Acrobat forum know how to do this.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines