• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing to Brother MFC-J6945DW yields striped background

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I print posters from Illustrator with a photographic (bitmap) background the print output comes out striped. See 2 photos of the striping. I spent quite some time verifying that the printer is fine. No problems if I export a PNG of the same poster and print via a Microsoft application for instance. But something is happening with the printing of bitmaps. I can print fine on the Epson at work and the printers at a document center.

Is there a driver setting that I need to be using? I really need to be able to print from Illustrator without exporting it first. It's really slowing me down.

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The marks that look like water stains or coffee are intentional. The bitmap is a scan of an old piece of parchment and it comes out not looking like that at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello jonathanp93391149,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you try resetting Illustrator's preferences manually and see if that helps resolve the issue:

- Close all Adobe applications.
- Go to Location C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
- Rename Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator - 26 Settings.old

- Relaunch Illustrator

Disclaimer: Please note that renaming preferences folders will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. The location is mentioned above.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Anubhav,

Apologies for how long it has taken me to respond. I haven't had any time to troubleshoot and have been doing printing at Staples. I have tried deleting the two folders that you suggested and it hasn't fixed the problem. Saving files to PDF and printing in Acrobat is not working. Saving to a PNG and printing from another application does seem to work. I attached a photo of the output from my troubleshooting.  I can't believe I haven't been able to get this working yet.
Any help you could provide would be great. I also use Photoshop and Acrobat. I tried deleting those preferences as well, but it didn't work either.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines