• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem opening .aic file from the cloud

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a problem were i can't open a certain .aic file which i have been working on with no problems for a few days. it seems that it is only this one file that will not open from the adobe illustrator cloud. Does anyone know how to fix this problem.  i have tried reverting file to old version and making a copy on the creative cloud website but it still will not open the file. No error message is appearing and illustartor is not crashing.  

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

This issue is fixed in AI 25.1 update available in Creative Cloud Desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joseph,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. Will it be possible for you to  share the download link with us? We could try recovering that. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti, A student from my school contacted me with the same issue.  She is working on artwork for her International Baccalaureate class and needs to complete her assignments but can't open the aic file she was working on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you manage to open the file.  I am having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is fixed in AI 25.1 update available in Creative Cloud Desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue persists unfortunately. Today I cannot open any of my .aic files, even after restarting Illustrator several times. Any advice would be most appreciated. I don't have time today to consult tech support and go through a long process unfortunately.

Thanks for your help with this matter!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue still persists. This has not been fixed.

Please remove this as a "correct" answer. It is incorrect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, sadly this is still happening for me, on multiple computers. It can get quite frustrating and definitely slow workflow significantly.

Any ideas as to a remedy would be most appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use AI 26 (up to date) and the problem still occures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the upgrade and it worked for a while but today I am having the same issue.  I started working on a job 4 to 5 days ago and now I am not able to open the file I was working on.  Shows as an .aic file....  Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is not fixed or you broke it again in a later release.  I'm on version 26 now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some time on in September 2022 I am experiencing the same problem as outlined by others in this thread. I'm using a later version (26.0.2) than you suggest solves the problem - so clearly upgrading isn't the solution. As with others I'm using the workaround of downloading the file via the CC app and saving it as an AI file to a local drive. The potential disaster of loss of data by saving AI files as AIC files now seems a huge risk so I assume Adobe has made serious efforts to correct this. If so what is the fix? Since it isn't posted here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. And NO upgrading the software did NOT work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I am the only one. Same issue here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you download the file from CCweb?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will open but I haven’t worked in the cloud on the web so I am not sure
how to edit. When I click the link to open in illustrator from the web it
will not open from there either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the CC app, if you go to Your Files and locate the file, can you download it to your desktop by clicking on the little cloud icon??

Screenshot 2021-12-14 at 21.37.58.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded it and it deleted all of my pngs and permanently grouped all of my work so now I can't format it properly around my pngs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't edit the text on the work even though I only managed to change some of it to the desired font before saving. This is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now, its just randomly opened just fine from the creative cloud application. Illustrator is annoying me. I almost restarted my whole project because of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. I had to download it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem persists in AI v 26.0.3. I have a hugely important file for work on there. I regret saving on cloud (only did it that one time.) Hopefully it gets resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got around it by downloading the file from Creative Cloud files, then opening the downloaded file from my pc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same trouble after updating my software too macOS Monterey version 12.2. I have been working with the file for several days without any issues, but now the file will not open. No error message is appearing and illustartor is not crashing. 

Regards,

Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two aic files both created today.  I can open one but not the other.  This needs an urgent fix 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines