• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem saving vector graphic to Library

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to save a vector graphic to a library in Illustrator (v24.0), I get a message that says "Saving to a legacy format may cause some changes to your text layout and disable some editing features when the document is read back in. Do you want to continue?". Is this normal? Because when I then take that graphic from the library and put it into a new ai file, it isn't showing as a normal vector graphic.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give some more details?

The library is that a CC library?

The document with the graphic is that an older document?

What exactly is not normal with the graphic? Can you show something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, CC library. Not an older graphic. So it converts the graphic into some format that is still vector, but isn't editable the way the way it normally should be. It has the placement box surrounding it with the crossed lines over top of it when I try to pull it out of the library and use it on another file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. As the message says, the files can have changes or variations when you save in an older version. That changes depend of the document content.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The graphic is not from an older version of illustrator. But just in case, I created a new file that definitely was 2020 and tried to drag the graphic into a library from there and still got the same "legacy" message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just saw the same message when dragging objects to a library.

Dragging them from the library into another document seems to work normal, but the message looks like a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the problem stopped appearing.

I can in 24.0.1 drag to a library without getting the message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I am still having the trouble after updateing 24.0.1 – Is there a chance you unwittingly selected "Don't Show Again"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is there a chance you unwittingly selected "Don't Show Again"?"

I don't think so, I reset the All Warnings Dialogs in the Preferences, but the warning is gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this same problem with Illustrator since the update to the 20.0 version. I'm currently running 20.0.2 on Windows. Every time I put an image in the CC Libraries that I've created in Illustrator, I get the "Saving to a legacy format may cause some changes to your text layout and disable some editing features when the document is read back in. Do you want to continue?" This happens with old and new documents alike (newest having been created 2/8/20). I've cleared my preferences, as suggested in another post, and uninstalled/reinstalled (actually uninstalled/reinstalled the whole CC), but neither worked. So far I haven't had any difficulty dragging Illustrator images from the libraries and dropping them into Photoshop. I hope this is just an erroneous error message, but you never know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the problem is still there. I thought it was solved by resetting prefs/updating, but it came back.

Please vote here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/39141889-cc-library-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only do I get this message but it's also crashing Illustrator so that I can't edit the files in the library (or at least this file but since I'm getting it when I try to make a new library item, I suspect it's everything). And I'm using this logo in a LOT of different places, rotated, resized—it's a waste of time to go through and change it EVERYWHERE i'm using it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And then, just like Keyser Söze—pffft!—it was gone...

I uninstalled and reinstalled Illustrator and, at first, that didn't work—still got the message and crash. Decided to "work around it". Didn't reboot. Didn't restart Illustrator. And then I opened up an art file again and when I saved, I got the message but it didn't crash. And then I didn't get the message. I have no idea what changed but it's working now.

I'm going with gremlins...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having the same problem and I found out that we just need to hold alt/option key while dragging  and adding the artwork to the artboard. Then the graphic will be editable. 

I think the answer might be helpful for someone in future. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines