• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem to drag a seamless pattern Illustrator to Swatches panel

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already did this pattern and see layers panel in order to find the mistake. But I still can not drag the seamless pattern to swatches panel . Which is the mistake... I do not know where more to see a mistake...

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

That was a tough one. Some of the objects had patterns applied to their strokes. You can see that in Window > Document info when you set it to "Objects"

Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-24 um 11.02.08.png

In there it has 45 "Muster Objekte". Those are patterns in German.

I could search for them using a plugin, because those patterns weren't in the swatches panel. That is possible, you can delete pattern swatches and the patterns stay in the object.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-24 um 11.01.57.png

I adjusted your file and now it's working: https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/6caaa95f-ea33-4661-77fe-891fb857f218

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

If you select your objects and choose: Object > Pattern > Make,  you will get a warning about objects containing patterns. But there are no (visible) patterns in your file.

It looks like the stroke in your red ovals contains the mystery pattern.

Select one of them and go Select > Same > Stroke color and replace it with the color used for the background. 

It should work after that.

Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 10.56.46.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any error warning?

Maybe there is a clipping mask somewhere in it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No error warning, just is not possible to drag it.. it comes back to the artboard back. When I go to Object - Clipping Mask ... this option I can not do click it doesnt allow me to click in Clipping Mask.. So I do not think it has. I put in Swatches Release Clipping Mask , and the pattern put himself in Outline and, now i can not get back to my pattern

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I look Object - Clipping Mask _ Make is possible to do click but for release not possible to do click. I do not see any clipping mask. thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please upload the actual AI file to Dropbox or Creative Cloud and post a link to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was a tough one. Some of the objects had patterns applied to their strokes. You can see that in Window > Document info when you set it to "Objects"

Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-24 um 11.02.08.png

In there it has 45 "Muster Objekte". Those are patterns in German.

I could search for them using a plugin, because those patterns weren't in the swatches panel. That is possible, you can delete pattern swatches and the patterns stay in the object.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-24 um 11.01.57.png

I adjusted your file and now it's working: https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/6caaa95f-ea33-4661-77fe-891fb857f218

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mrs. Monika I thank you very much. Can you please explain, where do you find this box in order to look for the mistake?`The problem is that I couldnt drag the, of course they are not in swaches, because not possible to drag. But what in simple words, what was the problem? The problem is because these red berries are a path? or ... thank you a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The color of the dark stroke of the red berries is not a color fill, but it is a pattern fill. And that is not possible in a pattern.

The dialog box in my screenshot is the plugin FindReplace by Astute Graphics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select your objects and choose: Object > Pattern > Make,  you will get a warning about objects containing patterns. But there are no (visible) patterns in your file.

It looks like the stroke in your red ovals contains the mystery pattern.

Select one of them and go Select > Same > Stroke color and replace it with the color used for the background. 

It should work after that.

Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 10.56.46.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the help. When I go to Select - Same - Stroke color, it makes a boundary box smaller as the all pattern. What does it mean this mistake? Patterns cannot contain anything painted with a pattern. I only put color inside.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you select one of those ovals and go Select > Same > Stroke color and replace it with the color used for the background?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi no I didnt do this, because I do not know this. Im learning by doing but Im a very beginner in doing seamless pattern and too Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Renata,

I would strongly suggest that you get some introductory lessons in Illustrator. You will have a hard time learning by doing when dealing with these kind of complex tasks and complex designs. You could just read the documentation (it has video too) or you could take classes at LinkedIn Learning (it's available in some public libraries as well) or you could take classes at a trainiong center.

Documentation with videos: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/tutorials.html

I have recorded some overview trainings, but they just cover a range of subjects rather briefly: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVqhHu3CSohVhofyDlCIh3Z-Qk8qSmMqZ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines