• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Area Type Shape Color in v24.3

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the current version (24.3) I seem to have lost the ability to add stroke and fill to a shape that has Area Type. If I copy/paste a shape from a file created in aprevious version (with stroke and fill and Area Type), the stroke and fill disappear. What changed?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

It works today. An OS update and system reboot last night may have something to do with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At first glace I cannot reproduce your issue in the Mac version of Illustrator.

What operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming that by PC you mean a Windows based machine, you may want to wait until some Illustrator Windows users chime in. Perhaps they can reproduce the issue and provide a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works today. An OS update and system reboot last night may have something to do with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no problem adding a stroke and fill to a shape with area type on Windows 10, Illustrator 24.3

Does it affect all documents or just one? Can you share your file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad your update fixed it! I had the same problem and realized that I was having trouble selecting the shape and not the type within. Finally, when I used the direct selection tool (filled arrowhead) it worked; when I used the open arrowhead, I only got the text (and couldn't give color or stroke to the shape). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines