• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems rotating shapes in Illustrator

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes I start Illustrator and everything is fine. I create a circle....or square and I can rotate like normal. Other times, I can only expand or contract the shape. The arrow option to rotate will not show up. If it is an object that I have placed on the artboard, I never have any problem rotating. It seems to only be shapes I create with the shape tools. I have reset my preferences but to no avail. Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

My Sanity

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

ANSWER: I worked with tech support today for about an hour and we got it figured out, so I hope this works for everyone else. I have a 4k display on this computer. I had the set to 250%. Once we changed it to 225%, the arrows came back. You will have to restart Illustrator, but it worked. Hope it works your you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel the same way. I'm having the same issue. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is frustrating. I did find on mine if I start at 225%, open Illustrator,
then go back to 250% with it still open, the rotation remains. It is
unfortunate to have to go through all these steps, but it is a bit of a
workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I ask what resolution you have your computer set at when you got your rotation back? My laptop (Lenovo Yoga 920-13IKB) is at 3840 x 2160 resolution. The scaling was 300% by default and after changing to 225% it still didn't give me back the rotation arrows. It did fix another issue, though: now I got the option to scale my adobe UI, again. But still no rotation ability, so maybe the resolution needs to change? Thanks for your effort in trying to find a workaround! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3840x2160 at 250%. Give tech support a try. They may be able to figure it
out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I legit thought I was LOSING MY MIND!! I also use a 4K display... knocked it back to 225% and it worked again! I NEVER would've thought of this, so THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, changing 4K display setting fixed it for me, too!

Thanks for sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked for me. I'm on a Dell XPS 15 with a 4K UHD screen. Thank you for sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean "I have a 4k display on this computer"? I have been having this rotation problem in Illustrator (I'm also very experienced with this software), and I can't handle it anymore. I just want to rotate a rectangle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this exact problem now. I have the boxes and all the settings mentioned and the bounding box will show but it wont let me rotate. It is not only on shapes though as this person had, mine is with any object, line etc BUT sometimes it will let me rotate after I try over and over. It is VERY frustrating and costs me so much time. Anybody else having this issue now?

Becka

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines