Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

properties in AI not working properly

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if anyone can help

Since I started using the 2023 version of AI it has messed with my panels and how I view them.  I have manaed to get it back to how I used to have the screen but the properties panel is 'playing up'

Sometimes it shows the transform infoiramtion and allows me to change the objects such as width whilst locking the proportions but sometimes it just doesnt work and this view disappears.

I use it to create designs to make on my laser so this function is essential and I am wasting so much time restarting the files etc to try and get it to show me the properties. 

Any sugestions? Thanks

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What system are you using PC or Mac? What setup do you have?

Can you show us what is happening with screenshots..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im on a microsoft surface pro

Ive attached an image thsat shows what im seeing 

so as you can see the proporties panel is there but it isnt updating when I select different items. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry it's really difficult to see those screenshots, any chance of a better quality/larger

Have you tried resetting your preferences..?

How to reset Illustrator Preferences - Adobe Support Community - 10602277

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Bonnie27850964a6ra,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. I hope the suggestions shared by sishamIAGD helped resolve the problem. If not, kindly share some more details, like the exact version of the OS/Illustrator installed and a screen recording of the problem (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/screen-record-an-issue-on-windows-amp-macos-f...), so that we can investigate this further.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines