• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Art is already bound" error when trying to import updated variable CSV file in illustrator

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a group of restaurant menus that have the prices filled in using variables.
The price file is CSV.
The purpose is to use a single price file to populate prices on multiple menus and to be able to quickly update the prices.
The initial variable library import worked fine, but now that I have updated the price list I am unable to reimport the list. I get a text box asking if I want to overwrite the current values (yes) and then it gives me an error message saying:
"This art is already bound to the same type of variable."
and refuses to update.

TOPICS
Import and export , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am getting exactly the same issue. My new excel file which refuses to load and gives me the same message  "This art is already bound to the same type of variable." has more formulas added (to make my job easier). Could that have something to do with it? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay. After hours of working out what it could be I found the solution. There was a hidden row (extra row) in my excel file. So I ended up with more excel values than my Illustrator variables could take in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines