Exit

"Can't Finish previewing. Could not complete the requested operation"

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stefania27219806zv0w_0-1668889782809.png

Stefania27219806zv0w_1-1668889810325.png

After the window above, I selected "Ignore". Only to end up at another popup saying "Can't Finish previewing. Could not complete the requested operation"

I cannot open my file. The HUGE file is 1,571,001 KB. I can open smaller files but not this one (Main file). 

PLEASE HELP!!!

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happened? Are you just opening a file or is this happening when recovering a file? Where is this linked files located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using Replace with a simple jpg, like a 1x1 magenta square...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @MVGROUPUSA,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the detailed info on the issue. This generally happens when there is not enough RAM or GPU VRAM available for Illustrator to create a preview of the document. Would you mind closing other apps running in the background and seeing if that helps? Additionally, if there are multiple artboards in the file, then would you mind checking if saving each artboard to a separate file helps or not?

Anshul_Saini_0-1669992259342.png

If this doesn't help, would you mind confirming your system specification and sharing the file with us? We'll check on our end and see if anything can be done to reduce the file size.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines