"Can't load cloud documents" pops up almost everyday while working

New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past few weeks, while I'm using Illustrator and go to open a new document, I get the above message. Often, when the documents window opens, I can see all my cloud documents, then after a second, they disappear and it says "can't open cloud documents". I can go to creative cloud and open them there. Sometimes if I restart Illustrator, they're there when I reopen the program but only about half of the time, and that isn't a great fix anyway since I often have a few documents open at a time while working and don't want to have to close and reopen Illustrator multiple times during the day. Illustrator & creative cloud are both up to date, creative cloud is online, and I'm working on a 2015 macbook pro running Big Sur. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbless you 100% need to use the cloud, I would use the safer more reliable route of storing locally, then backing up to a cloud if you need these documents shared or access to from any random computer.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Eileen5E0A,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing a few more details like:

• The exact version of macOS & Illustrator
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Do you use a proxy or VPN?
  • Have you clean reinstall the Illustrator & Creative Cloud app?

Also, I would request you to perform the following steps in order:

• Reset Illustrator preference manually:
    Close all Adobe applications, and then go to the following locations:-
    ~/Library/Caches
    ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe
    ~/Library/Preferences
    Rename Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings.old

Note: Location starting with this "~" sign indicates the User Library, which is hidden. So, you need to copy & paste the exact path in spotlight search or from Finder Menu > Go > Go to Folder > Paste the location in the dialog box like this:

Anshul_Saini_0-1651782881503.png

Disclaimer: Please note that renaming preferences folders will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will
launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. The location is mentioned above.

• Go to the following location and delete all the files & folders inside it:
    ~Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE
  • Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from the following location:
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe
  • Rename the UXP folder to UXP.old from the following locations:
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe
    ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe

Launch the app from the Creative Cloud Desktop app and share your observation with us.

We will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines