• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Precision Dot" printer setting

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve been printing out of illustrator 26.3.1 to an Epson p700 for a couple of years. The printed image has registration marks that a digital cutter reads in order to cut the printed shape precisely. The marks are black but the cutter is very particular on the color settings. If the image sent isn’t set exactly, the cutter doesn’t read the marks. I have no idea why, Epson has no idea nor does the cutter manufacturer, the marks all look black but only one file and printer set up will work. Believe me, I spent almost an entire week of trial and error finding the right settings.

But now for some reason, the printer setup changed and I can’t find how to reset several settings

Looking at my notes the settings were:

1) PDF Compatible file Embedded ICC profiles

2) Setup - Printer settings-EpsonSC-P700 Series

3) Basic

4) Page Set up- Roll Paper

5) Media Type-Use Printer Settings

6) Color- Epson Precision Dot

8) Color Mode- Epson Standard sRBG

9) Profile untagged CMYK

10) Let Illustrator Handle Files

11) Printer Profile - Epson SC-900_700 Premium Presentation Matt

12) Ultra Premium Presentation Matt

I’m good Through 2 but I can’t find where I selected 3) “Basic” It has default but no "Basic." I can't find where to set "Media Type" to use Printer Settings. or "Color" to "Precision Dot?? I'm really stumped and the cutter does not read the marks?

Can anyone help? I can't find any reference to "precision dot" on the Adobe site?

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @lanny47,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I hope the problem is resolved by now. If not, kindly try following the steps shared in this user guide: https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd5/cpd58636/index.html and share your observations.

Note: Use the search button at the top left corner to quickly find the relative setting/feature.

Kindly update this thread if the issue persists or if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Anubhav, Yes I'd read through these several times before I posted.
The instructions are evidently very outdated. The dialog boxes they show no
longer are current. Attached are the current dialog boxes. As you can
see there is no option for many of the options listed in the instructions,
and certainly, no "precision dot" setting.
Lanny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be pretty specific to that process and device.

You will need to find someone who has used exactly that device successfully, which might be hard in this forum. Have you already contacted EPSON about this? It's a lack in their documentation after all.

The screenshots don't show Illustrator dialog boxes, but options provided by your printer driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to ask, you've tried using "[Registration]" right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t follow you on “registration “?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Illustrator has a default swatch called "[Registration]" - it's the color it's crop marks use...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines