Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Saved" File After Crashing Adobe Illustator HELP

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE HELP ME GUYS

So my problem is that Adobe Illustator crushed and a wierd thing happened. My file that was saved and I was using as a tab/side project every few minutes everyday kinda dissapeared and by that I mean it got back to version from a few days ago...I've been working on it today for almost an hour and somehow after crash it became its version from 02/03/2023 and today we have 05/03/2023....

Is there any chance I can still restore todays version??
As You can see in screenshot I can only have access to that version from 3 days ago...

Meanwhile unsaved files recovered well, this one saved file got wierd and I would love not to loose my progress with this project
Please help me

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crashing while saving almost certainly ruins your file.

Don't ever rely on file recovery.

That said: Where has this file been saved? In the Cloud as an AIC file? In that case check out whether there are versions (and only when automatically saving versions is turned on in the Preferences).

Or was it saved to the Creative Cloud folder? In that case you could check whether there is the more recent version available. That can only be the case when you actually saved it.

On your harddisk: is there something such as Time Machine running? In that case you might check whether it has backed up the more recent version. This can also only happen when you have actually saved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Damian251832138372,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue with your Adobe Illustrator file. It can be frustrating when progress is lost due to a crash or technical issue.

As Monika said, if your file was saved as a cloud document, you might be able to restore it to a previous version using the steps provided here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/open-revert-cloud-document-version.html

However, if the file was not saved as a cloud document, it may not be possible to recover the latest version of the file.

It's always a good idea to save your work frequently to minimize the risk of data loss in the event of a crash or technical issue.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines