• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Snap to" when all snap preferences are off v26.1

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I work in illustrator (most up to date 26.1), everything is snapping to something. I hear a "pop, pop" noise to indicate it cannot move freely as it "pops" back to something. It's driving me crazy...I feel like I'm the female lead of an early Hitchcock film – please help.

• Snap to (pixel, point, grid, glyph) all off/unchecked
  • No perspective grid
  • Smart Guide Preferences, unchecked "Transform Tools" and "Construction Guides"

• Align art to pixel grid on creation and transformation, all check boxes unchecked
TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. The snap function in Illustrator shouldn't make any sound. Maybe is an Operating System function/issue? Or some Illustrator plug-in that you have installed?

If you think that issue is an Illustrator problem, you can try resetting preferences: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/user-guide.html/no/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.ug.html

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I did reset my prefrences and have no plug-ins. I appreciate your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I experience the same issue when trying to duplicate / option drag / option shift drag. It sounds like they are pushing a new update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @IntrepidSMD,

We are sorry for the trouble. This issue has been fixed in the latest Illustrator update, v26.2.1, released yesterday. I would request you to update and let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines