• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Sorry, illustrator has encountered an error and needs to close" - Reference Code 205

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have been having this issue since updating to 2022. Only happens to illustrator and all my other CC apps work fine. I know this has to do with failing to authenicated my subscription status and license credentials. Have triend restarting Credential Manager, restarting computer, resintalling, firewall, old versions. I'm at a loss. Have spent hours on the phone with adobe just to miss the call from the senior department earlier today. 

Screenshot 2021-12-11 191634.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Hi @Mbreeding,

Glad to hear the issue is resolved now, but we're really sorry for this frustrating experience. This is not the experience we want you to have. Error 205 generally occurs when the app is unable to store your profile and licensing information in the secure storage (keychain in macOS and Credential manager in Windows) on your computer. If you ever face this issue again, you may try the following steps:

If you are using a macOS computer:

Lock and unlock the keychain.
Else, log out

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Just dropping in to say logging out and re-loging in to the CC app fixed this for me too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you will just have to try and resolve with Adobe directly, so try to get them back on the phone and hopefully you can resolve your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ended up just uninstalling All of CC and creative Apps and reinstalling. Fixed the issue. I will literally never contact adobe support again. Litereally useless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep did all that, Ended up just uninstalling All of CC and creative Apps and reinstalling. Fixed the issue. I will literally never contact adobe support again. Litereally useless. Appreciate your comment though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mbreeding,

Glad to hear the issue is resolved now, but we're really sorry for this frustrating experience. This is not the experience we want you to have. Error 205 generally occurs when the app is unable to store your profile and licensing information in the secure storage (keychain in macOS and Credential manager in Windows) on your computer. If you ever face this issue again, you may try the following steps:

If you are using a macOS computer:

Lock and unlock the keychain.
Else, log out of your computer and log back in.

If you are using a Windows computer:

Restart Credential Manager.
Else, restart your computer.

If you continue to face Error 205, then I would recommend reviewing any installed security/AntiVirus software that may be interfering with certificates being stored within Keychain Access/ Credential Manager.

Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easier fix is to just logout and re-login to CC. Kind of astounding adobe hasn't fixed this error or updating your support pages for this. There are countless forum posts relating to this same issue. Not one adobe rep has given me the only solution that actually solves the problem here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just dropping in to say logging out and re-loging in to the CC app fixed this for me too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines