Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"text import option" issue

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Last week I was working at the office with a AI file and after the weekend when I try to open it, it appears a message which says ""text import option" issue" and then the file is damaged.

Inside the file there is just text and this is a work file, please, could anyone help me?

I leave the a link with the file:

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/06f77bea-dd93-4c6a-4f3d-6370311e7a25

Thanks in advance.

Miguel

TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Thanks for confirming the location. I am afraid the file is not recoverable. It is not recommended to save directly to a network drive and external drives (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-support-networks-removable-media.html). I would suggest saving locally on your system and then moving it to an external drive and having backups.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to open file after comfirming "text import option". Please confirm downloading ftom:

https://assets.adobe.com/id/urn:aaid:sc:EU:3e09f345-94db-4efa-b007-4f57b43b0666?view=difile

2.jpg1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Ares Hovhannesyan for your reply.

That is what I get as well, but I cant recover the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Illustrator shows this dialog the file is likely toast.

The main reason is that Illustrator crashed while saving. This doesn't seem to be the case here, right? Another reason can be that you saved directly to a server, which Illustrator doesn't like a lot. I suppose you do not have  a backup.

As said: there is not a lof ot hope and you should now make a plan of how to backup your files regularly, save different versions on multiple locations. Play it safe.

@Anshul_Saini can you please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply @Monika Gause 

Indeed I saved the file in my hard disk...and that's all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try if you can open the file in Acrobat. When that is possible, there would be something to recover so that you don't have to start from scratch. If that is not possible, please wait until Anshul or another team member enters this thread. They can try and check if they can rescue something. But again: there is not a lot of hope.

Please save backups of your work regularly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Monika Gause ,

Thanks again for your reply, I tried your advice but it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @miguelillo99,

Thanks for reaching out and sending a DM. I checked the file, and it has data & footer missing. It seems it was not saved properly or downloaded/ copied completely, or it was recovered using recovery software.

As Monika said, this error means the file is corrupted, and it's not possible to recover. Would you mind confirming where this file was stored/ saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)? Was there any interruption while saving, like Illustrator closing unexpectedly, windows shutting down, or the system being put into sleep mode?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Anshul_Saini,

Thanks for your kind reply, I really appreciate it.

This file was saved in an external hard disk and it didn't have any unexpected closing, windows shutting down or other type of unusuall issue, everything was normal until I tried to open it again after the weekend.

So, is there no way to recover the information? Although just the text...?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for confirming the location. I am afraid the file is not recoverable. It is not recommended to save directly to a network drive and external drives (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-support-networks-removable-media.html). I would suggest saving locally on your system and then moving it to an external drive and having backups.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines