• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Raised Ink Help

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! So I am currently in the process of setting up my file for print and just have a question and concern.

I will be doing a raised ink finish but I am unsure if I did it correctly. 

The steps I have been given are as follows:

1. Create a new layer and call it Clear 2. Create a new swatch, make it a spot color, and name it Clear (best to use a colour you aren’t using in your artwork – i.e. 100% Magenta or 100% cyan 3. On the new layer called clear, create the elements using the spot color you created called Clear. 4. Next, select all the elements on this layer and in the Window > Attributes Panel, check the Overprint box.

5. Then duplicate the clear file and name it clear 2

So the elements I want for raised ink are on these layers with a 100% Cyan but my concern is I also have these elements on my main design layer without the spot colour but as their pantone as well as white. Should they be removed from that layer? But if I do wouldn't that mean my raised ink will be that cyan colour? On my design they are a different colour as well as white, and I don't want it to be Cyan. For print will it turn out that way? 

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

step 5 I meant:  Duplicate the layer you created called Clear and rename it Clear 2 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Layers and color separations are not related. You can have your raised ink elements on any layer. 

If the raised-ink elements are spot colors, it doesn't really matter what they look like on screen. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines