• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random box showing up on Illustrator file (can't delete)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Long time Illustrator user here, but very first time posting. I searched for an answer on the forum, but none of the solutions seem to work for me, and most didn't seem to apply for the reason their "box" was showing up. Could be a clipping mask, but...I just can't figure it out.

Below is a screenshot of what I am referring to - the bottom left blue box that's outside the artboard. I can't select it, I looked through all layers, and I can't seem to find out how to get rid of it. If I export SVG and use artboards, it goes away, but for this specific graphic, using an artboard is not ideal bc I am adding a drop shadow with CSS.

Here is the file I am referring to. You can recreate my screenshot by simply hovering your mouse just right of the phone, between the phone's right edge and right edge of artboard.

Please if anyone can help, beers on me if you're ever in Indianapolis!

Thanks,

Michael

Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 3.41.19 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Guide , Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

They are not random. Release the Clip groups, and you will see them all. The shorter ones are photos on the phone screen. the longer one is a rectangle on the pasteboard.boxes001.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

In my case it was another Artboard... took my an hour to realize it

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Mine was also on an art board! Somehow I created 2 extra art boards without realizing and that fixed the problem for me!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are not random. Release the Clip groups, and you will see them all. The shorter ones are photos on the phone screen. the longer one is a rectangle on the pasteboard.boxes001.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! Next time you come through Indy, free beers on me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried View>Guides>Release Guides?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like that rectangle has got moved off the artboard accidentally

Don't  delete it , move it back over the phone

maybe centred over the 5 icons

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case it was another Artboard... took my an hour to realize it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mine was also on an art board! Somehow I created 2 extra art boards without realizing and that fixed the problem for me!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines