Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Raster pattern swatch not saving, swatch turns white

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I often will make a repeating pattern in Photoshop before bringin it into Illustrator to create a raster pattern swatch. I have saved many of these swatches in a document that I can access through the "User Defined" swatch panel. This way I can use the swatches on any Illustrator file I want. Unfortunately, I've run into a problem where these raster pattern swatches just appear as white after I save and close the document. This means I need to reimport all the swatches every time I open the document and reattribute them to the correct layers. Additionally, it means I can only ever save the file as a PNG to bring back into Photoshop, which decreases the quality of the linework significantly.

Does anyone know a fix for this issue? Is it a bug where the swatches are just not saving? Thank you.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Import and export , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do you save your Illustrator file, as version 2020 or an older (legacy) file format?

Can you share an example file? 

CC filesharing, Dropbox, Google, WeTransfer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines