• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ray Tracing Issue

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try and use ray tracing on a 3D object, illustrator freezes and I get an error message saying the app is no longer responding. I tried using ray tracing on two different computers, both ultimately having the same problem. I haven't had any other issues with the program aside from when I try to do this one specific function. Any ideas on what to do?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please tell us about your system and hardware? How much RAM is installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my main computer (HP Laptop) I have 8gb of ram and I'm not entirely sure how much ram I have on my Mac (MacBook Air 2019), but I'm assuming it's about the same at around 8gb. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same exact issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8 GB is just enough to run Illustrator at all. It's certainly not sufficient to do 3D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Richard29320861owcl,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind trying the suggestions shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/optimize-illustrator-performance.html) and checking if it helps?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines