• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Apply Random Color to Group of Objects

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these seem to work with the newest version of Illustrator CC... I'm surprised (and, maybe a bit disappointed) that it doesn't seem to be built right into the software as an option... at least as an Adobe supplied script???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly are you trying to do, with what steps and what's not working.

For example using the script in post 23

Random Swatches Fill – Free Scripts for Adobe Illustrator - Freebies - Vectorboom

Description

Color Tweaker is super easy tool for tweaking your artwork colors in Adobe Illustrator. You can easily change your colors from dark to light or just tweak the chosen color channel. And with "Random Colors" you will find fancy and great ideas for your color schemes! Color Tweaker deals colors in RGB values, but it also works in CMYK mode by converting colors through RGB values.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Doesn't work in illustrator 2022, any alternatives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to Recolor Artwork either by selecting the art and clicking on the contextual Recolor Artwork button in the Control Panel or by going to Edit > Edit Colors > Recolor Artwork..., then there are two buttons you might try:

• Randomly change color order
  • Randomly changes saturation and brightness

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for the quick responses... I figured it out... I had found that VectorBoom script, but... and, I can't believe I'm going to admit this here... I was in such a rush, I was trying to install it to InDesign instead of Illustrator... so, of course it didn't work... Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Random Swatches Fill script no longer works - It sounds perfect for what I want to do - anyone got an alternative please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Birmingham+Mike  schrieb

The Random Swatches Fill script no longer works - It sounds perfect for what I want to do - anyone got an alternative please?

STill works for me in CC2018. Even in CMYK documents, which sometimes is an issue with scripts..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is still working, just make sure the objects are selected and ungrouped and also the swatches are selected.  I changed .jsx extension to the original Random Swatches Fill Script and run it from File / Script / Other Scripts...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works in 2020 just fine as well. You just need to make sure you don't have any compound paths selected. It doesn't work with compound paths and it will appear not to work if you accidentally have a compound path selected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's Randomill, which is a great randomizer plugin for Adobe Illustrator.

https://randomill.com/

It can randomize colors from a range or set, as well as a lot of other parameters like opacity, selection, stroke weight, blend mode, position, rotation, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made a script for this as well. You can find it here:

https://randomill.com/illustrator-random-color-script/

You can use it to randomly change the fill and stroke color of a group of objects based on either a color range or a color set. Works with all types of colors in illustrator, including gradients. Has a nice panel UI as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the random fill script, and it all works fine until I click to apply the script. Then all selected objects lose their fill. Anyone solved that issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines