• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Illustrator 2019 won't open a second file [branched]

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem since I updated Illustrator (v23.0) and InDesign (v14.0) last week. Do you have a solution other than updating?

[Branched from discussion about older version of Illustrator and older operating system. Renamed to 2019.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Katrine,

Sorry to hear about this. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

• Operating system( Exact version of Windows/MAC)
  • What happens when you double click the file? Does it crash or nothing changes or it does not open anything or it shows that second file is trying to open Illustrator again?
  • I would be great if you can share a small video.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Srishti,

If I double click an illustrator file, Illustrator opens as usual, but the file doesn't open. I get this screen with the file I attempted to open on top of the list of recent files. When I click the file again (in the recent file list), it will open.

Screen1.png

If Illustrator is already open, nothing happens when I double click on a file to open it. The curser changes for a second or so, but that's it. The file does not appear in the recent file list in this case.

The only way I can open a file is by using File>Open or by dragging the file into Illustrator.

Operating system is Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

Best regards,

Katrine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines