Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Re: Import images from Illustrator to InDesign for printing

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I can bring my illustrator file into INDD but the images that are placed in AI are not importing with the file so when I view linked images it only show the AI as the link, not the individual images. Is there a fix for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to new post. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you open the .ai file to see if the images are correctly linked?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you save the Illustrator file with PDF compatibility (needed for InDesign) all the (linked) images are embedded.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To add to what Ton says… They are embedded in the PDF part of the file.

If they are linked to a file or a Cloud Libraries in Illustrator then you will still need access to the links if you open the file in Adobe Illustrator.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines