• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Mysterious Offset Issue Between Shape and Fill

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, need your help. To begin, my Illustrator app is up to date.

Long story short, I am encountering an issue where the fill is slightly offset from my shape (which is causing printing issues of a patterned tile background I created). Attached is a screen shot I took of a super zoomed in corner of a shape; it displays the corner of a selected shape along with a fill that visually appears to be a fraction of a pixel off. I have checked my preference options without success. Please help me resolve this issue, I need the shape and the fill to align perfectly.

JackFancyTO_0-1666642274430.png

Thanks in advance, Jack

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Thank you so much Ton, I ended up expanding the pattern and manually united the pattern's blue background as a quick fix in order to disguise the issue and go to print.

You're suggestion to double click the pattern in order to bring up the Pattern Options in pixels was brilliant, it states a perfect square in inches (unit I was working in) but 330.6363 x 330.6362 in pixels indicating a 0.0001 pixel discrepancy creating the faint line; I'll have to find and correct the tiny issue. 

As for the off

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does switching to CPU Preview change this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jack,

At a first glance it looks like a GPU issue, which could be cured by Ctrl/Cmd+E (toggling between GPU and CPU, but it ought to have no effect when printing.

Edit: Hi Ton, you were 20 seconds earlier than I.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacob, yes, I think we are both right, I can replicate it by zooming to 64000% and switching to CPU corrects it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for the quick response. 

I have created a complicated pattern I have used many times in the past without issues. The background is a perfect square and all the vector points align with the path so I shouldn't have any tiling issues.

JackFancyTO_0-1666645653373.png

However, the printer provided this screen shot so I investigated my pattern more closely and that's when I realized my fill to path issue. I copied and pasted a shape found within the pattern and found my misalignment issue. If it's simply an GPU issue then I don't understand how my printer caught the faint lines in the proof.

JackFancyTO_1-1666646247512.png

Again, I have used the same pattern in past prints without issue so I'm unsure how these errors arose. Thank you both for your advice and quick response, if you can think of anything I shoulld look into I'd appreciate the help. In the meantime I will inncrease the size of my pattern to check its accuracy. 

Thanks, Jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jack, what is the size of your pattern tile in pixels?

If you double click your pattern in the Swatches panel, it will bring up the Pattern maker.

Do the Width and Height values contain fractional values?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Ton, I ended up expanding the pattern and manually united the pattern's blue background as a quick fix in order to disguise the issue and go to print.

You're suggestion to double click the pattern in order to bring up the Pattern Options in pixels was brilliant, it states a perfect square in inches (unit I was working in) but 330.6363 x 330.6362 in pixels indicating a 0.0001 pixel discrepancy creating the faint line; I'll have to find and correct the tiny issue. 

As for the offset issue, I'm currently in CPU mode, it appears precise and has corrected itself at the moment.

Thank you for your help, I appreciate your time and attentiveness 🙏🏼

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jack,

Ton is brilliant, which reflects in his suggestions.

For my own part I never ever work in anything but points (identical to pixels) for for such tasks, and always make sure that W and H, along with X and Y at one of the corners, are whole numbers/integers.

A perfect square of 4.59217" (or between 4.5921708 and 4.5821694)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines