• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Read Write Preferences error with Full Control admin user???

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in a flippin' rage right now. I cannot launch Illustrator after the recent upgrade. I am getting a read-write error in Windows 11. I have followed the instructions from the support article here: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html

This does not work for me. The specific folder that is triggerinig the error is this:

\Users\<me>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 27\en_US\x64\

I have never had this issue before and do not understand why it is suddenly happening now.

I am furious because I MUST finish creating Easter designs that I should have had out last week but for being in the hospitals stick and now this problem. I'm about to toss this entire computer out the back door.

Oh yes and I am the administrator of this computer so I should not even have this issue to begin with. I should have FULL CONTROL of this system.

Lastly-I see no preferences folder under the \x64\ folder - unless it is called something else. Could this be the problem????

Thanks

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way - I upgraded to the latest version 27.4 - but I have found I can downgrade to the 27.3.1 and it does not have this error even though all these files and folders are still in the same system folder.

So what's up Adobe? Are you going to fix this error you've introduced with 27.4 for Windows 11 Pro? Or am I now paying for an app I can't upgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After having sent your current print job into production, you could contact Customer Care and they can look inside your system to check it out.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @sherryRaRa,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. I hope the problem is resolved by now. If not, kindly try running a different administrator account (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account-in-windows-...) and checking if it helps.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines