• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recolor artwork not working

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a very tight deadline and struggling with the new Recolor Artwork window. It was working yesterday.

I am trying to change the white objects in this pattern to light blue. I go through all the steps but it just doesn't happen. The attached screen shot shows the light blue in the round color wheel and no white but the white is still white. I have Saved All Colors and closed the window and they are still white. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

See below

Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 2.08.31 PM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next to the Preset there is a pop up, make sure that Preserve White is not checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can’t find the pop up you’re referring to but I’ve been able to change other whites in the artwork through the Recolor Artwork window.

Thanks, Liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The popup is only in the Extended Recolor artwork dialog. Click on the button to first get there. The setting is then sticky for the remaining Illustrator session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m sorry I don’t see an Extended Recolor dialogue box. This is what I see. This is new with the latest upgrade to 2021.

[cid:image001.png@01D6C997.13CA0660]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See below

Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 2.08.31 PM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems to have done it! How did that get clicked when I didn’t even know it was there? All kinds of weird things happening today with this new upgrade.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the solution! This is a very annoying hidden menu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @lizc6557891 - I’m Caroline, a Product Marketing Manager at Adobe. 

I'm conducting some research on recoloring assets and think you'd provide some super valuable insights -  would you be interested in a brief interview? We'd also offer a gift card for your time! 

Let me know if you'd like to proceed and can send over a calendly link (or feel free to email me directly at cstafford@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines