Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rectangular grid: how to reset values

Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Community,

I noticed that when I change some values for the rectangular grid with the V/F option AND/OR with the ARROWS, then all (new) grids created with the rectangular grid will inherit the last values.

Why so and how can I avoid that?

Also, the Rectangular Grid Tool Options window seems not to work.

Look at the screenshot below: the number of dividers should be 8x8 but the grid shows 6x8 (and I have tried to save several times).

AlbertoAndreuzzi_0-1682235302919.png

Thanks for your attention 🙂

Alberto

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

You cannot avoid it at the moment. If you need the default values again (I think 100 px for width and height and 5 horizontal/vertical dividers) you just have to reenter them in the dialog.

As for your asymmetrical issue I don't know a possible reason. It's not normal behaviour. Perhaps restart Illustrator or your computer and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot avoid it at the moment. If you need the default values again (I think 100 px for width and height and 5 horizontal/vertical dividers) you just have to reenter them in the dialog.

As for your asymmetrical issue I don't know a possible reason. It's not normal behaviour. Perhaps restart Illustrator or your computer and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok then, if that's how it has to be, for now... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines