• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red Underline is missing from misspelled words in some text boxes in Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I have no idea how I caused this to happen, but I think it's a bug. When I was designing a document, suddenly one of the type boxes stopped underlining misspelled words. I've messed around with the text box and nothing I do will cause it to underline misspelled words again.

I've added an Illustrator docement with the glitched text box in it for you to mess around with as well. (I keep getting an error that says "The attachment's autospellcheckbug.ai content type (application/postscript) does not match its file extension and has been removed." so I'm providing a Google Drive link to the file insead. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iL319020wgZJqu-e5XefABPu39dYP6yM/view?usp=sharing

This isn't the first time this has happened to me, am I missing somthing or is this a bug?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble you are facing. I checked the file shared on google drive, and the underline was missing from a misspelled word. However, I am unable to replicate this on any other document, old or new. Could you please share a few more details like:

• OS and version of Illustrator
  • Screenshot of the error
  • A small clip of your workflow reproducing this issue will be really helpful
  • When did this start happening? Are there any changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, or web extensions installed recently.

We will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The auto spell check only works with text without any appearancee applied to it. The moment you add a fill or any other property, the auto spell check stops working. As soon as you select "clear appearance" from the panel, the checker starts working again. It's a shame it doesn't work with formatted text... 

GraphicsCooper1_0-1709099297790.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @GraphicsCooper1,

Thanks for reaching out. I understand that this functionality is important to you, and I apologize for its unavailability at this time. Would you mind creating a UserVoice for this feature request (https://adobe.ly/3UXIYpj) and adding your comments there? Doing this will help us prioritize this request, and you will be notified of any updates.

Feel free to reach out if you have more questions or need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is up with that text box. It has some "Appearance" set to it that I can't see. It can't even be filled with a colour.

However, if you select the text box and go to the Appearance Panel > Clear Appearance, it fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines