• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Relevancy

Guide ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dash is 7 pt in the Properties panel also I can see 7 dashes (including sharp bend one) in the graphic. But gap is 0 pt in the Properties panel but there are 6 gaps in the graphic. How can I understand this differences?

1.png 

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Thank you.

Illustrator has the highly irritating habit to enter 0 in all fields automatically. If you enter a zero, then it will be really zero. If you don't, Illustrator will show a zero, but actually use whatever is entered as a dash and use it as the gap length. This throws you opff-track? yes, me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There you set up the length of the dash and the gaps. But still this is weird. Can you perhaps upload the file to Creative Cloud and post a link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the file

https://easyupload.io/utc8pn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Illustrator has the highly irritating habit to enter 0 in all fields automatically. If you enter a zero, then it will be really zero. If you don't, Illustrator will show a zero, but actually use whatever is entered as a dash and use it as the gap length. This throws you opff-track? yes, me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There you set up the length of the dash and the gaps. But still this is weird. Can you perhaps upload the file to Creative Cloud and post a link?

By @Monika Gause

Was that the link you looked for? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the easyupload link, but I jiust tried your Creative Cloud link. Tat is nearly working. The only thing you would need to do is to make it for everyone to download. Then it would be just gorgeous!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I uploaded the file following way.

1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that you added the second dash with 0 in the value and you didn't add its gap. If you remove this "0", it will work well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No change if I remove "0".

1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines