• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remember last type used

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've no idea why I can't get this to work.

I type something in my document.

I click on something else, to draw or whatever.

I click type tool again, and it's re-set to the default font/colour, rather than the last font used.

I don't want to change default overall, I just want it to remember the last font I used and use that for the next time I click on type tool in that particular document.

This seems like a very common thing that people would want to do--i.e. use the same font in a document overall.

Am I missing something?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Window > Text > Character formats

Double click the Default Character style and set to whatever you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but as I said "I don't want change the default".

I just want it to remember the last one used.  Next document, I want it to remember a different last font used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put in a Feature Request for it.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

krane1 schrieb:

Next document, I want it to remember a different last font used.

When you change it in the character styles, it will be changed only in this document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know.

I want to use one font across one document, or even one layer of a document, and have it just remember what I did and use that, instead of reverting back to the default every time I click the type tool.   The next time I go to a new document, it can revert back to default, but I want it to remember what I just used and use that, instead of the default font.

This seems like a simple enough request that would be common to most designers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version are you using, because that's exactly how it works for me, not just on type but everything. If I make a black box red, next box I draw is red. Same with type includes font and all metrics just used. Change 12pt Times to 50pt Benguiat, next type I create is 50pt Benguiat... (No I'm not doing a Stranger Things thing)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. SUPER annoying. Always defaults to Myriad. Drives me nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A good working practice is to set up Paragraph and or Character styles...

But as I said above if you are not running 26.3.1 update, it works there (maybe worked earlier too).

If you use 26.3.1 and it's not working, reset your prefs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can see, in the latest version Illustrator actually does remember and use the last type used if you are creating new type objects (AI 26.3.1 on Mac OS 12.4).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines