Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing background from JPEG image

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

I am using Illustrator for the first time and I can't seem to figure out how to remove the backround from an image from the web. I hvae tried using the pen but it is quite confusing on how to use it. Could someone please advise and assist with my query, I would appreciate it greatly. Thank you.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the pen you can create a path and use it to isolate elements in objects/images by turning it into a clipping path.

But for images, like jpeg, Photoshop has the better tools since it is an image editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joshua,

In addition to what Ton said, I believe the best way depends on the actual properties of the image, especially the boundary/boundaries between wanted and unwanted parts.

In many cases PS is the obvious choice, but in some cases you may be happier if you draw the boundary/boundaries partially or entirely with the Pen Tool and/or other Tools in AI usually with adjustments. And in other other cases you may be happier if you draw the wanted parts as vector artwork.

And depending on the purpose and use, the question of copyright may arise.

A screenshot or just the image (using the Insert Photos button looking like moon over mountains) might help helpers help better.

Edit: Hi Ton, mostly like rather late autumn here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacob, more like early spring during the day, blackbirds singing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Joshua283646504bn7,

Thanks for reaching out. As Ton and Jacob suggested, one way to remove the background from an image would be to use Photoshop. Kindly try the following help articles and tutorials and check if it helps:

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/remove-background.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/quick-actions/remove-background.html

Feel free to reach out if you have more questions or need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines