• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

reshape tool moving the whole object instead of editing it

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was editing my object that i made with the pen tool it was all fine but suddenly it broke and didnt work when i try to move an ancle point it moves the whole object instead \:
(i don't have premission to post a video here)

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Not necessarily, Ton.

To use it as a useful tool it is useful to deselect all (or some) anchor points of the objects in question. Usually, the quickest way is to select the object, go to the Select menu > Object > Direction Handles command and then use the Reshape tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can upload that video to YouTube and post a link here. Or convert it to a GIF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://youtu.be/mCcVHmXPqWc

i also have to mention is that when i make a new object with the pen tool it works fine until i press Enter and then it never works again. i trried selecting the object using the select shortcut but nothing works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the object must contain at least one smooth anchor point to use the Reshape tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not necessarily, Ton.

To use it as a useful tool it is useful to deselect all (or some) anchor points of the objects in question. Usually, the quickest way is to select the object, go to the Select menu > Object > Direction Handles command and then use the Reshape tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works but seems unnecessarily complicated, nothing like that in the help file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right. It's cumbersome, but that's the way it has worked for decades.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

although being unnecessarily complicated but still the only option that works. appreciate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines