• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resize vs. Rotate with Bounding Box

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to CC, I find it very hard to resize an image with the bounding box on smaller object, without having to zoom in. It always defaults to the Rotate function. Even if the resize arrow comes up, once you start moving your cursor, it starts rotating the object. This has been super annoying to our whole design team ( I checked ), as we rely upon that function hundreds of times per day! It's really inconvenient to have to zoom in or opt for the transform box every time you want to just resize something.

Is there a fix for this? Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

I have personally expressed this to the Illustrator team myself at a round table and I know others have expressed this to them as well. As higher resolution monitors pose challenges with UI scaling (we really need responsive UIs on desktops) the Illustrator team said this was one of the top items in their list they were trying to find the right solution for.

As for a solution, I can tell you I find myself now grabbing the transform tool rather than relying on the default bounding box with the Mov

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have personally expressed this to the Illustrator team myself at a round table and I know others have expressed this to them as well. As higher resolution monitors pose challenges with UI scaling (we really need responsive UIs on desktops) the Illustrator team said this was one of the top items in their list they were trying to find the right solution for.

As for a solution, I can tell you I find myself now grabbing the transform tool rather than relying on the default bounding box with the Move tool. Then if I put my cursor on a corner, when I press the CMD key (I'm on a mac) it grabs the corner rather than giving me a default rotate feature much more accurately than the default bounding box view does.

This is NOT a solution, but a habit shift of mine until a better solution is realized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bringing this thread back from the dead because four years later I now have the same problem. Anyone find a solution vs a workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem today. 

I have to expand any basic shape (square, circle, rectangle, hexagon) in order to just rotate it. 

Or while it is selected you press control+G and then you can rotate it. 

I have turned bounding boxes on and off, reset preferences, uninstalled/re-installed, changed my display to 200, 175 & 150. Nothing solves this problem.

You should be able to rotate without expanding a shape!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure if any of you all have voted on this bug report, but it's crazy that it still exists 4 years later. https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/39587077-object...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines