• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Resized raster image in AI outputs larger image to laser cutter.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have an issue that I have not encountered before so am hoping the folks on the forum can help out. I'm making 6 faces for a cube from 3mm MDF. Each face has raster image on it. I imported the 6 images into AI and adusted the size of each image including the 3mm adjustment on certain faces to take into effect the MDF thickness. I als added a seperate vector border on each image for the cut.  All looked good until I started laser cutting and the raster image was etching at twice the size. It's like AI has resized it on screen but in the background the original size is still there and that is what is being sent to the laser cutter.

Thanks for your help.

Ta

TOPICS
Draw and design , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be a DPI issue. I'd start by checking that. Perhaps even just throwing on an "inert" raster effect like a Gaussian Blur with a radius of zero may fix it. Also export a PDF and verify the result in Acrobat. Otherwise you may need to "hard-resize" the images in Photoshop and already import them at the correct size.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

David,

You may consider whether something funny (peculiar) is going on with the laser cutter, and whether there is some corruption in either the file (is it working for other files) or the AI preferences.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines