• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RGB Pdf from Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so RGB pdf from Ilustrator....? I need to safe logo from Ilustrator as RGB pdf and colour numbers need to hold as per how they are in illustrator.

My illustrator document is in RGB (working space is Adobe 1998) when I make the pdf I save as pdf my and settings are as follows

Screenshot 2022-03-07 at 10.04.33.png

I have tried both include profiles and don't include. The pdf that is made is RGB however the colour numbers change. How do I get the RGB numbers in the pdf to stay the same as the RGB numbers in the illustrator document?

Illustrator version 26.0.3

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you check the changed color numbers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Po DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you measure them in Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can be difficult to compare color values, Illustrator uses 0-255, Acrobat 0-100% (correct me if you know how to change that). 

If Acrobat has Overprint Preview On, it displays RGB as a CMYK conversion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah YES totally forgot about the percentage vs 0-255

So if Acrobat does not allow checking RGB numbers correctly then would the best to check be to bring the pdf back into Illustrator or Photoshop and check the values there?

When I check the numbers in acrobat I make sure the overprint preview is not ticked and use a simulation profile that is Adobe RGB 1998.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can check it in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hope it worked for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you reopen it in Illustrator, it doesn't read the exported PDF, instead it reopens the original Illustrator document. So you can't use this to check. Expect raster images to shift slightly because lossy JPEG compression is used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on how you save the PDF, when saved without Illustrator Editing capabilities, it will read the values from the PDF. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines