• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Right click menu doesn't appear where I click

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, wondering if anyone else has had this issue, but when I right click in Illustrator, the menu will appear off to the left instead of where I clicked. However, if I right click more towards the left of the screen, the menu will appear in the right spot. As I click farther and farther right, the menu will stay on the left side. Clicking on the far right of the window will make the menu appear in the center of the screen and it won't go any farther than that. Adobe support has taken control of my computer for a couple hours trying to fix the issue with no results. They've tried the issue in a new admin account, turning off GPU accelleration, turning it back on and toggling various gpu options, uninstalling avast, reinstalling AI, putting on 2015.3.1 instead, reinstalling 2017, trying the issue in safe mode, updating drivers for Nvidia, and deactivating the driver. Nothing they tried worked. I've had this issue since day one when I bought this computer in september and installed AI.

Here is what I am running Illustrator CC 2017 Windows 10 Dell XPS 15 9550 with 4k screen and Nvidia GTX960m and an Intel 530

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

I just installed the latest Montery update and updated my Adobe suite (Illustrator) to 2022 (v26) or the latest one.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Hi @Sander22724691elhx & @Alex López,

Sorry to hear about this. If updating to macOS v12.1 & Illustrator v 26.0.2 didn't help, you may try the following steps and let us know which one helped you out:

• Reset preferences manually
    - Close all Adobe applications.
    - Go to the following locations:
    (~/Library/Caches)
    (~/Library/Application Support/Adobe)
    (~/Library/Preferences)
    - Rename Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe. Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Used to work with "Application Bar" window view (Window/Application Bar) but then I switched to "Application Frame" and problem solved!  Right-click menu pops up in the right place.

(Screenshot attached)

Hope this help you out, guys.

A. L. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried setting the display to 1920x1080, and while the dimensions are all off the menu does behave properly. So maybe AI is not scaling properly on high DPI screens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody out there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, having the same problem since the 2017 update while working on a 4K monitor.

It's really annoying and reinstalling doesn't help fix it.

It seems that when I set my preferences to Scale to higher supported scale factor, the right click goes wrong and there is an offset.

When I set it to scale to lower supported scale factor it's all good.

Seems like a scaling bug for 4K screens, just have to wait for Adobe to fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, It's 2021, and I have the same problem. When I right clicked on AI, the menu would appear on the left side of the screen. Same problem also happened when I use dual monitor, the menu would appear on my laptop screen (which is the main screen).

I'm using:

- Macbook Pro 2020 M1

- Illustrator 25.3.1

- MacOS Monterey Beta 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, too. 

I'm using:

- iMac Pro 2017

- Illustrator 25.4.1

- MaOS Monterey Beta 12.0

- Memory 256 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @iberahims & @ericsmoldt,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. I would recommend you both to install macOS Big Sur. As Illustrator currently only supports macOS version 11 (Big Sur), 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14 (Mojave)(https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements.html). Let us know how it goes.

Will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here:
- MaOS Monterey Final

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please update the Illustrator to the latest version 2022 (v26.0) or above and let us know if it helps resolve this issue.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem now is fixed. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you fix it ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the latest Montery update and updated my Adobe suite (Illustrator) to 2022 (v26) or the latest one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about macOS? It is just way too expensive to have such stupid problem. Sad! PLS make fix for all Illustrator versions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having this problem. I've just updated to the latest Monterey update (12.1) and the latest Illustrator (26.0.2). Anyone knows an alternative to fix this? It's really annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here also the problem, I have update the last update. I like to hear the answer to fix it. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sander22724691elhx & @Alex López,

Sorry to hear about this. If updating to macOS v12.1 & Illustrator v 26.0.2 didn't help, you may try the following steps and let us know which one helped you out:

• Reset preferences manually
    - Close all Adobe applications.
    - Go to the following locations:
    (~/Library/Caches)
    (~/Library/Preferences)
    - Rename Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe. Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings.old
    - Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud Desktop app. 
  • Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from the following location:
    (/Library/Application Support/Adobe)
  • If that doesn't help, rename the UXP folder to UXP.old from the following locations:
    (/Library/Application Support/Adobe)
  • If that doesn't help either, uninstall the application using the CC Cleaner tool and reinstall from the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem - I've followed all of the steps above & working with OS v12.1 and Illustrator v 26.0.2 and every time I right click, the dialogue box shows up well below where my arrow is. I use the right click all the time for so many things - major slow down. I'm running on a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) using an LG HDR 4K Display (31.5-inch [3840 x 2160]).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @DougRP2,

Thanks for trying the steps. I've sent a DM. Please check.

Regards,

Anshul Saini 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Used to work with "Application Bar" window view (Window/Application Bar) but then I switched to "Application Frame" and problem solved!  Right-click menu pops up in the right place.

(Screenshot attached)

Hope this help you out, guys.

A. L. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Alex! This is a much easier work around than the Adobe suggestion! I've never used the frame before but it doesn't look like it's going to interfere with anything. Until this bug is fixed by Adobe, I'll be using your solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @DougRP2 
Glad to read this worked for you.

Yes, either did I... I'd rather use App Bar cause it allows you to manage your workspace having other apps or finder windows open at the same time. Hope when a new update comes up we could get back to it.

AL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always use Cmd Tab to switch to other open apps/windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue as well. Drove me nuts!  When installing the latest version of illustrator I unchecked the box for maintaining all my settings/prefrences and it's back to popping up beside my arrow! Now I just have to go back and put my setting back the way I like them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2023 and still the right click menue is stuck on the left bottom corner of my screen and doing the Appliancation frame thing is not working. Anybody? 
Running MacOS VENTURA 13.4 on my 27-inch iMac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only solution I've found is to use the "Application Frame" (Window/Application Frame) and that somehow makes Illustrator know where your cursor is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines