• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RIP changes Miter Limit

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document with sharp corners (in this case a vector image of a bird's bill), where the corners are sharpened, while on screen the bill is blunt, but the output (printer and Meta Dimension RIP) is sharp.

It looks that there is something happening with the miter limit, but it must happen during the Ripping process. Has anyone experience with this?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Print and publish , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

I saw a separate element the client added to lengthen the bill. After removing this, and 'rounding' the corner, the bill is now correct. Difficult to explain to the client, as this happens during the rip-process, and is not viewable on screens.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have to adjust the settings in the Meta Dimension RIP. Are you printing to plates/film/vinyl cut/etc. Some vinyl cut software specifically tries to avoid sharp corners, as makes weeding the vinyl easier and less chance to tear.

While fixing on a global level would be best, to get this done, you may just want to Object >> path >> outline stroke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pwjj,

To me the bottom image looks like a Round Join rather than a Miter/Bevel Join.

What happens if you switch from Miter to Bevel Join?

I am aware that there may be other corners on the bird where you wish to have it miter sharp.

And what Mike said, of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw a separate element the client added to lengthen the bill. After removing this, and 'rounding' the corner, the bill is now correct. Difficult to explain to the client, as this happens during the rip-process, and is not viewable on screens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for sharing, pwjj.

A most unusual addition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines