• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotate View and constrained movement

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently updated to 25.4.1 and saw the new Rotate View tool feature. This could actually be really helpful for the work I do - I am often trying to line two objects up side by side, or at 90° angles, but the elements themselves are slightly rotated on the canvas. I used to have to rotate all the artwork manually, and if there are multiple layers it gets tricky and confusing. My thought was that I could set the rotate view so that the element being worked on was perfectly straightened, and it would make it easier to add in the second element or adjust things and be sure they remained parallel, then return the view to 0.

But I've noticed that when I use the Shift key to try to constrain movement, it's constraining it along the original canvas rotational lines? not the temporary rotation. Same with the grid and guidelines, they also maintain the original angle... Is there a way to set a guideline while rotated and have it rotate back? or a way to kind of "set" the rotation so that you can work on a new 0, 45, 90 bearing? I guess I can just draw one, but it's tough to draw a perfectly straight line when I can't use shift to constrain it!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Creating the line would work. To make it straight, you could use the Pen tool and click to place the two anchor points that create the line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines