• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rounding / straightening paths around anchor points

Engaged ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am drawing a path with the Pen tool and see that when selecting anchor points with the Direct Selection tool that little target icons will display. When I drag the target icon it seems to either round the anchor that path around the anchor point or make it into a hard edge.

1. Is using this option just another way of dragging on handles?

2. When experimenting with it, sometimes it seemed to affect just the anchor point nearest it and sometimes it affected all of the anchor points on the path. How do you get it to do a single anchor vs. all of the ones on the path?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

1. It creates a 'live' corner, the radius of which can be edited in the Transform panel (and elsewhere).

2. If you select the entire object (i.e. all anchor points are selected), all will be edited at once. If you select a single or several individual anchor points with the direct selection tool, just those will be edited.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. It creates a 'live' corner, the radius of which can be edited in the Transform panel (and elsewhere).

2. If you select the entire object (i.e. all anchor points are selected), all will be edited at once. If you select a single or several individual anchor points with the direct selection tool, just those will be edited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just looked up the tool I was thinking of; the Anchor Point Tool. Do thee 'live' corners function differently than using the Anchor Point tool?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it creates rounded corners with a specific circular radius. The anchor point tool allows you to edit corners in ways that do not necessarily have a circular radius (among other things).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines