• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Roundtrip PS><IL problem using Envelope Warp

Participant ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I make some text in Illustrator, in this case 3 different frames. I make all the textframes Warp with Envelope distort, copy all and paste in Photoshop as a smart object. I then decide to change the color of one of the textframes. I click on the icon in the layers panel (PS) and get transported to Illustrator, where the envelope distort is uneditable, at first sight. I double-click on the envelope warp icon in the layers panel (IL) and then, in Isolation mode, can edit the text. I save it and in Photoshop my smart object is empty. Going back, out of Isolation mode in Illustrator, doesn't make a difference. Is this a bug, or am I overlooking something obvious that I don't see? Thank you for listening, I hope it is clear.

Illustator 26.0.1
Photoshop 23.0.2

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you could show some screenshots?

Is this perhaps solved after a computer reboot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika, I tried making screenshots, but I went crazy after a while. But if you read carefully you should be able to follow. It doesn't happen with just one text box in an envelope being copied to PS and re-edited in AI. Then all is fine. Sorry for the long delay.

Meanwhile I installed Windows 11, so the pc has rebooted a few times 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I don't want to guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines