Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

RTL text in illustrator request!

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm working on some Arabic translation that also include english words. When I paste the translation to my document when there are english words or fullstops, questionmark etc there are placed in the wrong place. I tried to create a paragraph style with RTL witch fixed the issue with the fullstops and questionmarks but it messed up all the english words. Can we get an easier workflow with working with Arabic language please?

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @nikos112,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind trying to install the Hebrew or Arabic version of Illustrator by following the steps shared in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/access-install-hebrew-arabic-indesign-illustrator-CC.html) and checking if it helps?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm unsure if you have the Middle Eastern (ME) version of Adobe Illustrator. the ME version will solve the issue you have by first selecting Paragraph Directions in the Paragraph pael

Paragraph direction.png

Then choose "Default Direction" from the fly-out menu of the Character panel.

Default direction.jpg

Keeping the default options in Illustrator ME, you will be able to type or paste text that goes from right-to-left along with English text within the sentences.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines