Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RX 6800 XT keeps crashing Adobe programms

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

so ... I was one of the lucky ones to actually get a 6800XT, upgrading from a 1080Ti. I dont have any problems related to gaming or usage but Illustrator aswell as Premiere just dont work. In Illustrator, the programm and the driver crashes the moment I try to round corners. In Premiere, it refuses to play back any clips at all. After unchecking the GPU Performance option in Illustrator it stopped crashing, which means it doesnt use the GPU at all if I understand it correctly. 

Knowing that radeon cards were not the "go-to" cards for productive work, I didnt expect much but atleast I expected it to work. Is there no support for this card yet or are you simply out of luck with an AMD GPU? Is there a workaround or something to get the gpu acceleration running as intended?

(Oh .. and yes I cleared old drivers before installing new ones, reinstalled Illustrator etc.)

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally, someone in the same boat as I am. I own the 799$ XFX 6800xt and upgrading from a 2080 super. Gaming is fine with ray tracing turned off. Unfortunately, like yourself, I work with premier, after effects, photoshop, and illustrator, and they all crash with the 6800xt. I cant open a new file or even open a saved one. The cards are so hard to get, that there is no one with a solution online. 

I cleared old Nvidia drivers and installed AMD drivers a few times. No luck. I popped back in the 2080 super and it works perfectly. I hope there's a solution soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, so I bought the Rx 6800 and found a solution for adobe apps. You have to go to preferences and click the performance tab and uncheck the GPU performance box, and that should work because I had the same problem while working in Illustrator, and it works fine for me now. I hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also finding the same issue with my 6800XT. I can't even open an Illustrator document without it crashing and an AMD driver error appearing. I know there's a current work around by disabling the GPU in the preferences for each programme but that's not a long term solution. Probably going to have to switch back to my 1080 until this is resolved. Hopefully we can get a proper solution ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks alot, had the same issue with my reference 6800xt, that fixed it... still odd that this is a thing though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reading the articles online and reviewing the BETA drivers from 2020 12/17, I noticed they have fixed an Adobe bug. After I updated, I no longer needed to perform the same workaround.

So the new fix is to upgrade to at least the 2020 12/17 drivers from AMD.

https://www.techpowerup.com/275413/amd-radeon-software-adrenalin-20-11-3-released

"... Certain issues found with Adobe Illustrator and AIDA 64 have been fixed. Some display corruption issues with RDR2 using RX 6800 series at 1080p, has been fixed. Grab the driver from the link below..."

Just use the AMD software to download the latest version of the (beta) drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you still experiencing the crashes? I've been using different versions of Adrenalin trying to see if it's a compatibility issue...all versions have been crashing for me. I've yet to use the one you've mentioned, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have latest drivers and photoshop does not support them. I even kave GPU unknown so i can't both turn on or off the GPU system 😉 This Radeon has multiple problems with Adobe... 

Ziomek89PL_0-1619374595406.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

We're extremely sorry to hear about this trouble. I have raised this issue to the Product team and we need a few more details to proceed further with investigation on this issue. For example:

• Operating system and exact version of Illustrator.
  • A packaged file where you can replicate this behavior. 
  • Where the files are saved? 
  • If you are using third party plugins on your machine, please share a list of plugins you are using with Illustrator.  
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently

We're here to help!

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same deal here: RX 6800 XT greyed out.

When I applied this fix https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTmKwtueFHo (remove sniffer.exe file) the card actually got recognized, but Photoshop instantly crashed...

Please fix this.

photoshop 6800.png

Core i7 5960X @ Noctua NH-D15 -=- Gigabyte X99-SOC Force -=- Sapphire RX 6800 XT Nitro+ Special Edition -=- G.Skill 64 GB TridentZ 3200 MHz CL14 -=- SSD 950 PRO 256 GB -=- SSD 860 PRO 4 TB -=- Q300 PRO 512 GB -=- SeaSonic X-760 -=- NZXT H630 -=- Asus Strix Raid DLX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i. Having the same issue with Lightroom and photoshop. Lightroom is specifically when I open any selective adjustment tools and photoshop is object selection. Basically things that utilize the gpu. 
I actually had my 6600xt replaced with a new one thinking it was the issue!

Have any fix's been found short of disabling GPU acceleration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines