• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save area size in Illustrator

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some time the drawings that I save in Illustrator the saved area is not limited to the objects on the drawing table but takes the measurements of the whole table. I don't understand what I changed. Drawings placed in InDesign this way update as they change size and position. Can anyone tell me why Illustrator is saving like this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. You can choose the "crop area" in the InDesign import options when you're importing .ai files. Maybe the Art option works fine for you.

Screenshot 2022-11-15 at 11.42.30 AM.png

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

–––––––––––––––––––––––––
ARA di Bellini Giovanni & C. snc
Via Omodei 3 - 20095 Cusano Milanino (MI)
aranet@aranet.it
tel.: 0266400814 - cel.: 3755173813
https://www.behance.net/studio-ara
–––––––––––––––––––––––––

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving as AI file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, from Illustrator I always save with .ai. A solution to the problem I had has already arrived and it is related to the import options in InDesign (to be set on Art). I've never seen this window before. By now there are a few dozen books that I have paginated and illustrated but for practicality I have always dragged the files directly onto the page.

Hi, Giovanni

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That window openes when you use File > Place and check "Import options". I think you can also trigger it by holding down Shift when dragging images into InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines