• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save dialog box not functioning after Mac OS 12.3 update.

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to 12.3, Illustrator gives me a Save dialog box with the save button grayed out. I have to hit escape to close the dialog box. This happens on any existing file I open as well as new files. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Illustrator, reset preferences, and unchecked "Save in Background" in preferences. Any help is greatly appreciated as this is currently making Illustrator unusable for me.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Hi @sano25611607 @Diguru-Studio @Designholzer,

We are glad to inform you that the save button greyed out/ unclickable issue has been addressed. We worked with Apple and addressed this issue with the latest macOS update, v12.3.1, released last week. I would request you to update and let us know if the issue still persists.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. Latest macOS 12 release, latest Illustrator version. iMac late 2015. I cannot work with Illustrator right now. Please fix this asap!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several people have reported this with that particular system version.

Please post bugs & feature requests to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

There are already posts about it there. Please vote for them, so you will be notified of the progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @sano25611607 & @Designholzer,

We are sorry for the trouble. We have logged a bug with the Product team, and they have started investigating the issue.

It seems the issue started right after the release of the macOS Monterey v12.3, as it is happening with the new & older version of Illustrator.

I would request you to please upvote this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/44917468-can-t-... if not done already. By doing this, you will keep getting updates on the issue.

Also, we checked on multiple Mac machines running macOS Monterey v12.3 and were unable to replicate the issue.

We checked with multiple users on a remote session, and installing an older version also didn't help.

One user reached out to us, and uninstalling the whole creative cloud resolved the issue for him. However, it is not an ideal or recommended resolution.

I would request you to please share a few details it would really help us investigate the issue:

• Where are you trying to save the files? (Please mention the location or destination folder name)
  • Share the SPX file from MAC (Most Important).
    Click on Apple Icon > About this Mac > System Report
    This will launch the System Profiler
    Then Click File > Save > Save in Creative Cloud Files or anywhere you like.
    Then open https://assets.adobe.com/files if saved on the Creative Cloud folder.
    Click on three dots next to spx file > Share > Copy Link and paste the download/ copy link here.

We will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just read this and it works

>>We are working to resolve the issue at our end .
Meanwhile , Please find the following workaround to enable Save button :Resize the save as window , it will enable the Save button .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are really sorry for the trouble. We are working with Apple to resolve the issue.
(https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/unable-to-save-files-macOS.html)

In the meantime, I would request you all to try the following workarounds:

• Resize the Save As dialog and check.
  • If that doesn't help, then pan around with the dialog and check if the Save button appears.

Anshul_Saini_0-1648073440208.gif

I hope it helps!

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @sano25611607 @Diguru-Studio @Designholzer,

We are glad to inform you that the save button greyed out/ unclickable issue has been addressed. We worked with Apple and addressed this issue with the latest macOS update, v12.3.1, released last week. I would request you to update and let us know if the issue still persists.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines