• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save/export/open dialog window closes when press arrow keys

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The saving/exporting/open/etc dialog crashes whenever i press any arrow key.
This happen if i want to navigate through the folders or if i want to edit the name in the "Save As" field using the arrow keys (up, down, left, right).

This happens only in Illustrator, i tried other adobe applications or other programs in the sistem, and no problem.

System:

Macbook pro M1 max
MacOS Ventura 13.0,
Adobe CC 2022
Adobe Illustrator: v27.0

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Update:
I updated to Illustrator v27.0 and its working properly! 😄 

Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Octavio26772630b7ke,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I was unable to replicate this on my end on a similar system.

Would you mind trying to reboot your computer in Safe Mode (https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/start-up-your-mac-in-safe-mode-mh21245/mac) and check if Illustrator continues to behave this way?

If yes, kindly share a screen recording (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/screen-record-an-issue-on-windows-amp-macos-f...) of the problem so we can investigate this further.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I tried rebooting in safe mode and no difference, here is a video of the screenplay showing that the issue doesnt happen in the New File dialog, but happens always in save as, export, etc.

Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:
I updated to Illustrator v27.0 and its working properly! 😄 

Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

This use is still happening to me in After Affects v23.0 which is up to date. It's increably frustrating and no one seems to be looking into it and every other program is getting fixed.
Device: Mac Pro 16-inch 2019

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

This use is still happening to me in After Affects v23.0

By @Joni Sierra

Then you should post in the After Effects forum. Otherwise the relevant people will never see it. https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/ct-p/ct-after-effects?page=1&sort=latest_replies&lang=a...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika, 

Where should I post this is if this happens in all my Adobe applications? After Effects, Illustrator, even my Media Encoder wasn't spared... pretty afwull when trying to name files 🙆‍:male_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Monika, 

Where should I post this is if this happens in all my Adobe applications? After Effects, Illustrator, even my Media Encoder wasn't spared... pretty afwull when trying to name files 🙆‍:male_sign:

By @nicolasg5279205

This is the Illustrator forum. There is a bug report at illustrator.uservoice.com

For the other software, please ask in the respective forums where to post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines