Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving issues

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I am currently using the latest version of illustrator on a PC and am having issues with save as. If I make alterations to files from last year and then go to save the file as an Ai it then saves it as a pdf and removes part of the file name. When I then click on that pdf file I get this message: "Adobe Acrobat Reader could not open (file name) because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)". Anyone else experience this? 

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saving to a network share?

I've seen this issue before with read/write speeds to a network (not your local HD).

Does the issue occur if you save as to your local C drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats a shame I thought you were onto something there but it seems to be anywhere I save it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try and turn off "Save in background" in the Illustrator preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines