Saving PDF as SVG?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

I'm attempting to save a PDF as an SVG for use on my web site. Illustrator crashes when I use the Export As method, and using the Script SaveDocsAsSVG gives me an "Access denied" note. Is it possible to save a PDF as an SVG? If so, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help!

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @jack craigt29284148,

We are sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. It is totally possible to save PDF as SVG using Illustrator. I would request you to share a few details like:

• OS & version of Illustrator
  • Please submit the Crash Report by following the steps in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html.
    While submitting the crash report, please use the same email address with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.
  • Is this happening with a specific PDF file? If yes, please share the download link to the file here or via DM. We will check it on our end.
  • Where are you saving the files (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.

Also, you may try saving the file from the "save as" option, go to the File menu  > Save As > SVG and let us know if that helps.

We will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines