• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scale Type-On-A-Path Ellipse Without Changing Fonts Size (While Grouped)?

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scale Type-On-A-Path Ellipse Without Changing Fonts Size (While Grouped)?

The two screenshots illustrate what I’m trying to scale up without changing the font size of the type-on-a-path, while grouped at that. 

Anyone know how to do this in one shot, or fewer shots than what I’m having to do now?

Currently I have to scale, then readjust the font-sizes back to what they were originally.

I have no idea why the Convert to Area Type/Point Type options can’t be applied to type-on-a-path

This thing is so damn backwards sometimes, it’s excruciating. 

TOPICS
Feature request , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I you use the Direct Selection tool to select the type path, you should be able to scale the path only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I’ve done that, but I have 4 seperate paths with text, so it’s a pain to have to do that with 4 of them.
But maybe I’m realizing I need to put them all on one single path.
I just saw something that helped me to understand how to better position the text-on-a-path using the end points to center, etc.

So maybe that’s what needs to happen...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

..another problem is you can’t flip parts of the text that are all on the same path (screenshot attached)?

So there’s alway going to be some multi-step long winded process, just to make tweaks here and there. 

It sucks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally got it on one path in the way I wanted to, via retyping it backwards (i.e., CLL ECIVRES YREDIORBME ) and applying a 180º character rotation via the Character panel (screenshot attached), and also tweaking the baseline shift some. 

Took some doing, but at least any further resizings will be less steps to do.

Still I wish there was a more straightforward way of simply not resizing type while resizing shapes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines