• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scaling

Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, can anyone please help me to retrieve a scaling value of  image in illustrator. How can we identify which scaling has been applied to the image using script. I would like to know how to check whether the image has been applied horizontal scale or vertical scale. Thank you. 

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have an issue while retrieving RasterItems(raster image), how can I retrieve the raster image file details? Is there any file property for RasterItems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @SA8888, yes. If the rasterItem has a file property, you can use that. Sometimes a rasterItem does not have a file property, for example when it is pasted into Illustrator, or came from some source that did not have a file.

You can get a rasterItem's file (if it has one) like this:

var doc = app.activeDocument,
    item = doc.selection[0];

if (
    item.hasOwnProperty('file')
    && item.file.constructor.name === 'File'
    && item.file.exists
) {
    // file is good
    var f = item.file;
    $.writeln('file is good');
    $.writeln(f.fsName);
}

-Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to get the file property, if it doesn't contain any? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SA8888 wrote:

Is it possible to get the file property, if it doesn't contain any? 

If you have a case where you believe the file or path does exist, send me a sample file and I'm happy to have a look. But the answer is no. Let's say that I copied a graphic and pasted it into an Illustrator document. Which file would you expect to get?

- Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @m1b how can we retrieve raster image file details like image name, size, location etc..all these things belongs to file property.how can we retrieve all these details without using file property? is there any other way to retrieve those details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Abpujar, feel free to send me a sample file and I'll see what I can find out. - Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @m1b in this file I’ve copied image from other document and placed it in illustrator, now the image typename is rasterItem , here I’m not getting file property to this image.(here the image extension is .eps).is there any other way to retrieve the file details without using file property?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Abpujar, I had a good look at the file you posted and there is no trace of file information for it. I looked in the DOM and also in the XMP data. The only thing you could do is to get the pixel dimensions and search for the image using those.

- Mark

P.S. Just checking that you know you can "unembed" a raster image? This will solve the problem in some cases. Choose "unembed" from the Links panel menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @m1b still I’m confused, is there any script to get the raster image file details (i.e image name, location, size etc)for the pdf which I have shared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no file information in the .ai document you posted. The raster image is embedded in the .ai file with no file information. Nothing. I'm happy to clarify any other questions you have about it. - Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @m1b , how to unembed the RaseterImage using script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @m1b , I’ve tried retrieving scaling script which you have sent. while retrieving scaling details of the PlacedItem . I am having some issue for some images , here I’ve attached document which causes issue. In the document I’ve not applied any scaling but while retrieving scaling details it shows - ve value for vertical scaling. I don’t know what’s wrong with that image ,the script will work fine for other images.

Can you please check on this issue.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines